7.06.2011

Day 5

Today I left Virginia, to head north. I first stopped at the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal in West Virginia/Maryland. Beautiful park!

The C & O Canal National Park at Williamsport, home to one swan...

one railroad bridge...

lots of turtles...

one lock...


one beautiful trail!

a  fuzzy caterpillar...

one Potomac river



yes, I followed this trail to the river just so I could touch it.


home also to one broken aquaduct...

with one pile of wood in front of the broken side.

I love the little streets with colorful houses!
Williamsport is also home to Tony's pizza, where I ate lunch.


BBQ chicken bacon ranch, and a piece of bacon cheeseburger pizza. The bacon theme was not on purpose, they were the only two they had today that sounded good.


The view from my booth. The pretty stone building is their town hall!

These babies are called Nutella Dots. Yep, they're yummy.

I continued on from there, and after only an hour got so sleepy I pulled off into a Bob Evans parking lot and slept for about 45 minutes. Kinda funny, since I haven't traveled for long amounts of time, and none of it at night. It was about 3 though, nap time.

Then I swung by Hershey Park, having never been there. I do love chocolate though, as my friends and family can attest.

The roads into Hershey are brown.

I did the Chocolate World tour.

There's a talking cow, much like the Billy Graham Library. I wonder who came up with it first.

There's also 3 singing cows.


for you mom.




After the tour, I traveled on and it took much longer than I planned. I was only an hour away from my destination, and there was a huge accident on the highway. All I could see was a giant plume of white smoke. They rerouted us through this small town, which took about an hour.  

My updates will probably continue to be every couple days. However, I am updating the Where in the World is Ramona? map on my blog. It shows you what current state I'm in.




No comments:

Post a Comment